Friday, May 30, 2014

A Wearable Smoky-ish Eye.


Don’t we all love a dark and mysterious look? I do. However, there is a very thin line between seeming mysterious and looking like a panda. More times than I would like to admit, I have looked like a panda. Below is how NOT to look like a panda – guaranteed.



TIP: I would suggest applying foundation and concealer after you have worked on the eyes, due to eye shadow fallout.

1 – Add an eye shadow primer. I have chosen Urban Decay’s Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Eden.


 2 – I opted for a deep blue colour, as opposed to a traditional black. I used MAC’s “Contrast” with a smudge brush across the upper lash line. It doesn’t have to be perfect -just focus on getting the colour on your lid. For a smoother transition, I used MAC’s “Quarry” and blended the two colours and taking it right up to your crease. Then blend, and blend some more and keep going until you are satisfied with the outcome.


3 – Add the same “Contrast” shade to your lower lash line to tie the look together. Apply black eyeliner to the upper and lower waterline. I love the look of a bright inner corner because it brings light back into the eyes after the dark colours, hence I added MAC’s “vanilla”.




4 – Curl and apply oodles of mascara.




5 – Finally, add your base. I did my regular face routine. I applied MAC’s Prolong Wear Concealer under my eyes and spot concealed my little friends that have found a home (i.e. my zits). I went in (yes, again) with Maybelline’s Fit Me Concealer under my eyes, which was a shade lighter than my normal skin tone to brighten up my face. For my foundation, I applied L’Oreal’s True Match all over my face with a sponge for a light coverage.  Set everything in place with a powder.




6 – For a healthy glow, I applied Rimmel’s blush in the shade “Pink Sorbet” over the apples of my cheeks, blending upwards.


7 – Go for a nude lip or a light pink shade to let the eyes be the star of the show. I lined my lips with Rimmel’s liner in the shade “Addiction” and, of course, over the top I applied Maybelline’s lip-gloss in  “Nude Illusion”.


TA-DAAAA! All done.
Now for the awkward pictures!


Much Love, 
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM