Sunday, June 1, 2014

How To: Completely Eradicate Make-up Traces.




No matter how expensive or amazing your skincare routine is, if your skin isn’t stripped of all the makeup residue then your products will fail to give results.
Below, I demonstrate one of the ways I like to remove my makeup.
Please excuse the funny faces (it comes to me naturally).

I start by washing my hands. This is probably the most important step. Make sure to wash your hands before touching your face as this ensures that bacteria will not spread across your face.



I use Maybelline’s Clean Express makeup remover for my eyes. It’s very delicate and does not sting my eyes and an added bonus is that it is oil-free. I place two blobs of product onto two cotton pads and place them on my eyes for a minute. Then I gently swirl the cotton pads in circular motions and swipe away the mascara and eye shadow.



Moving onto the face: I use Pond’s Cleansing and Exfoliating Towelettes to take off my face makeup. I rub this over and under my eyes to remove any remaining eye makeup as well.



I like to use a delicate exfoliant during the night to remove any dead skin cells. I have been loving Neutrogena’s Deep Clean Daily Scrub. This product is pretty amazing because it keeps my skin feeling clean and soft. Unlike other exfoliants, it doesn't leave my skin felling dry and ashy.


My sister (aka. my photographer, editor, and ma lyfeeeee) and I.
Next step is to tone. I recently purchased L’Oreal’s Sublime Soft Gentle Micellar Solution. It claims to remove makeup and soothe the skin. The instructions state to rub the product all over your face and eyes with a cotton pad. Oh My God! I love this stuff! Although I suspected this product to be like water, let me tell you…it is not. It leaves my skin feeling soft and hydrated. It removes additional makeup and does not burn my skin or eyes.



And that’s a wrap! Time to finish off my skin care routine, hop into my jammies and snore away. I love the fact that this routine takes me 10 minutes and is fool proof!

Obviously I cannot end this blog post without a funny face. 

Much Love, 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM