Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Review - Estee Lauder Double Wear Powder




It has been established that the oils on my face refuse to cooperate with me and, hence, my second best friend has been a good setting powder (my first best friend being a good face primer!). NOW! Let me please explain why all you oily girls need this product in your lives. By ‘oily girls’ I mean girls with an oily complexion – like myself.

I am a self-confessed powder-holic. I love powders! I love the texture. I love the feeling of it on my skin. I love how it makes my skin look flawless but most importantly, I love the fact that it helps in controlling the oils on my face. I decided to try the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Powder Makeup. Let me talk packaging: It is a beautiful navy colour with the EL logo in gold on the front. If this doesn’t say class, I don’t know what does. I imagined myself pulling this compact out of my bag while on bus, all eyes on me, as I touched up my makeup. Just like in the movies…. Okay, back to reality. Although the compact itself is a little bulky, the packing is simply chic.


The product itself is marvellous. The powder really lasts on the face and the amount of times I need to touch up my makeup has been reduced by half – no joke. During my regular eight-hour shifts at work, I would need to touch up maybe just once or twice. I am in the shade 3W2 Cashew 93 – how exotic! Not really. This shade is yellow based and hence works with my skin tone, it is a little dark on me but I don’t mind it because I use the product with a large powder brush which evenly distributes the product.

This product is priced at CAD $44 and hence it is a definite investment but it is an investment worth having. I thoroughly enjoy using this product and hope you do as well.

Much Love,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

INSTAGRAM