Sunday, June 15, 2014

Copper Eyes

I put this look together while in the washroom of my office (adventurous, I know!). Attempting to look presentable and professional isn't an easy task for me. However, I absolutely loved the outcome!
Keeping with the copper and peach tones, it gives a very summer vibe. It looks lovely on tanned skin, and since I am getting tan (Finally, we have a Canadian summer!), it works for me.

Gimme some credit for a BARE face. 

Step 1: BASE 

Apply a light base (this was very brave because my skin is acting just bizarre lately). I opted for light coverage tinted moisturizer and used concealer to hide my ginormous zits. I used Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer all over my face and neck, used MAC's Prolong Wear Concealer to cover my dark circles and Revlon's Photoready Concealer over any discolouration. Make sure to set everything in place with a powder to avoid your makeup sliding around. I used MAC's Mineralized Skinfinish.



Step 2: Eyes


Start by priming the eyes. I used MAC's Paintpot in the shade 'Painterly'. 


Once you have a good base down, start by applying a bright copper shade all over your eyelids. Take the eyeshadow just above your crease. Don't worry about being neat at this point, just focus on packing the shade on your eyelids. 


Use a matte light brown shade as a transition colour and blend away the harsh edges using a fluffy eyeshadow brush. I love using MAC's eyeshadow in the shade 'Soft Brown', as it is a couple of shades darker than my skin tone and blends all colours seamlessly. 

I didn't want to use a black eyeliner because I wanted to keep this look soft. Instead, I went in with a dark brown shade and lightly lined the upper lash line to give the look of fuller lashes. 


Brighten the inner corner with a soft white shade and apply a black or dark brown eyeliner to the waterline. Smudge the copper shade under your waterline, right up to the tear ducts, then add the dark brown shade to the outer half of your waterline. 


Curl the lashes and apply oodles of mascara. I used L'Oreal's Voluminous Miss Manga Mascara. 






Step 3: Blush

I suggest sticking to blush which has a warm undertone, since it will compliment the eyes. I used a Tarte blush in the shade 'Captivating'. It is a beautiful coral shade with no shimmer. 


Step 4: Lips

Again, sticking to shade which has a warm undertone. I used MAC's lipstick in the shade 'Mocha' - LOVE THIS! It has a satin finish and ties the look together.

Yup Yup! I am loving this lipstick.

TADAAAA..we are done!

In natural lighting. 

This look is so simple yet it looks like you put some effort into it. It shouldn't take you more than 15 minutes to finish this look. Hope you guys give this a go.

Pufferfish.

Much love, 
xx








2 comments:

INSTAGRAM